Mosquito Control Services in Kenya
Bestcare Pest Control has you covered with Mosquito Control Services. In addition mosquitos being a nuisance and interrupting outdoor activities, they can pose a threat to human health and well-being. Mosquitos are known carriers of Malaria, West Nile Virus, Encephalitis, Dengue Fever, as well as other lesser-known diseases. Mosquitos can also harm your pets by transmitting heartworms and other diseases.
While there are numerous “over the counter” measures that may be employed to limit mosquito contact, most people can attest to the fact that these measures have a limited and often unnoticeable effect on the local population, resulting in continued mosquito activity. Additionally, a do-it-yourselfer runs the risk of missing-applying products in a manner that may be dangerous to personal safety and environmentally hazardous.
Easy Ways on How to Get Rid of Mosquito
Our approach to mosquito control focuses on treating the resting and breeding sites to reduce local activity. Our approaches in getting rid of mosquitos. Initially, we perform a full inspection of the property’s exterior, to determine what specific areas will benefit the most from treatment. Our mosquito control services methods consists of treating both adult mosquitos on vegetation and treating larvae in standing water areas. Each treatment will help keep local mosquito populations down for approximately 30 days, depending on weather conditions.
Mosquitoes and some species of midges are blood-sucking insects that need a blood meal from warm-blooded animals and humans to reproduce. Mosquitoes and biting midges are common pests in urban areas and may cause a lot of stress and nuisance whenever they bite. Moreover, in some cases different species of mosquitoes and some of the midge species may transmit serious diseases that pose a risk to the human and animal health such as malaria, yellow fever, blue tongue, African horse sickness (affecting livestock), filariasis (parasitic disease), dengue fever (viral infection) and others. The Asian tiger mosquito is known to transmit the Zika virus through biting. During a pregnancy, this virus infection can cause the infant to be born with microcephaly and other congenital malformations, also known as Zika syndrome.
Mosquito infestations may become a threat to people in urban environment, which should not be underestimated. In fact, mosquitoes reproduce with such high rates (eggs develop to adults in under 10 days) that if an infestation has already been established for some time, then most probably a professional mosquito control services and treatment will be needed to get rid of the problem permanently. If you have seen occasionally a mosquito or a midge flying around, there may not be a reason for your concern, but if they keep on coming back and increase in numbers, that may be a clear sign of a present infestation. You should immediately contact a company with mosquito control services to aid in extermination of the pests.
Best practices for mosquito prevention at home
We can guarantee that the safest and most efficient methods for eradication will be used, integrated in a mosquito control services program.
- Water source reduction – Mosquito mainly breed on the surfaces of water stagnant water. Therefore, this approach will eliminate or reduce breeding of mosquitoes. Draining stagnant water or oil spillage may help to prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
- Exclusion and prevention –Sleeping under treated mosquito nets and window screening are one of the effective prevention methods.
- Trapping – this is one of the chemical-free methods for control and it includes electric or glue flying insects traps (EFKs).
- Human-friendly insecticides – sometimes the most adequate treatment would be an application of low-toxic, human-friendly pesticides. It is better to hire a company that can offer mosquito control services to handle safely the task of spreading pesticides.
- Bio-control – some species of dragonflies, which feed on mosquito eggs and larvae may be worth introducing in ponds and closed water sources.